She was also the final victim of Jason Voorhees to be killed before the rebooted contiunity.
After the murder of Trey at Lori's house, Kia was there as a friend to comfort Lori.
Kia seemed to be at odds with Linderman and at a rave she was dissed (disrespected) by a very drunk Linderman saying, "How can you think with all that make-up weighing down your head."
After the murders began, over the next few days Kia and Linderman became good friends.
Kia volunteered to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to wake up Jason during his nightmare fight with Freddy in the Dream World.
Luckily, she didn't have to do the resuscitation as Jason woke up on his own with Kia right next to him. They were all startled and the vehicle crashed as Jason went flying out the back door of the van.
Kia would also be the last person to see Linderman alive. During the real world fight of Freddy and Jason, Kia distract Freddy to allow Will and Lori time to escape by taunting Freddy about how Jason's weapon looks tougher and bigger versus Freddy's little glove knives. "What kind of fag goes around scaring people in a Christmas sweater?", was the line that got Freddy ticked.
At that same moment, Jason crept up on Kia, swings and drives the machete at her, sending Kia flying into a tree, killing her as she slid down the tree.
- Kia is similar to Lisa Hines from Prom Night which both are friends with heroines (Kia to Lori, Lisa to Donna), both are black heroines and both died by a villain (Kia by Jason Voorhees, Lisa by Richard Fenton).
- Kia was portrayed by pop star Kelly Rowland.
- She is Jason's 151st and 2nd to last victim in the original film series and the original timeline itself.
- In a deleted scene, she kissed Linderman before leaving him and in another deleted scene, Linderman apologizes to Kia for how he acted to her at the cornfield which she accepts his apology and forgives him.
- "Oh, God, y'all, two killers? We're not safe awake or asleep."
- "So, you're the one everyone's afraid of? Tell me something. What kind of faggot runs around in a Christmas sweater? I mean, come on, get real. You're not even scary. You're not even scary. And let's talk about the butter knives. What is with the butter knives? You trying to compensate for something? Maybe coming up a little short there between the legs, Mr. Krueger?"